Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Ming-Hsuan; McClung, Anna M.; Bergman, Christine J.
- Food chemistry 2016 v.208 pp. 279-287
- antioxidant activity, etc ; chronic diseases; color; correlation; flavonoids; polymerization; polymers; proanthocyanidins; rice; whole grain foods; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Proanthocyanidins, a flavonoids subgroup, are proposed to have chronic disease modulation properties. With the eventual goal of enhancing rice phytonutrient concentrations, we investigated the genotypic variation of the concentrations of individual oligomers and polymers of proanthocyanidins in red and purple rice brans. A 4.3-fold variation in total proanthocyanidins (sum of oligomers and polymer ...
- Data from: Bran data of total flavonoid and total phenolic contents, oxygen radical absorbance capacity, and profiles of proanthocyanidins and whole grain physical traits of 32 red and purple rice varieties
- Yobi, Abou; Schlauch, Karen A.; Tillett, Richard L.; Yim, Won C.; Espinoza, Catherine; Wone, Bernard W. M.; Cushman, John C.; Oliver, Melvin J.
- BMC plant biology 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 67
- antioxidants, etc ; C4 plants; Sporobolus; abscisic acid; amino acid metabolism; drought tolerance; embryogenesis; enzymes; forage grasses; gene expression; genes; homeostasis; metabolites; metabolome; metabolomics; phenotype; photosynthesis; protein synthesis; rehydration; signal transduction; tissues; tocopherols; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transcriptome; transcriptomics; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Understanding the response of resurrection angiosperms to dehydration and rehydration is critical for deciphering the mechanisms of how plants cope with the rigors of water loss from their vegetative tissues. We have focused our studies on the C₄ resurrection grass, Sporobolus stapfianus Gandoger, as a member of a group of important forage grasses. METHODS: We have combined non-targete ...
- Data from: Sporobolus stapfianus: Insights into desiccation tolerance in the resurrection grasses from linking transcriptomics to metabolomics
- PubMed Central: