Jump to Main Content
- Powell, J. M.; Vadas, P. A.
- Animal production science 2016 v.56 no.3 pp. 355-361
- carbon dioxide, etc ; ammonia; bark; cows; dairy cattle; gas emissions; leaching; methane; methane production; nitrous oxide; runoff; sand; soil; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Dairy cattle spend considerable time in outside barnyards. Nine barnyards were constructed to examine impacts of surface materials (bark, sand, soil) and timing of cattle corralling (before and after 3–14-day corralling periods) on fluxes of carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), ammonia (NH3), nitrous oxide (N2O) and CO2 equivalents (CO2eq). Surface, year, and surface*year interactions accounted fo ...
- Data from: Gas emissions from dairy barnyards
- Crawford, Jordan T.; Shan, Chin Wei; Budsberg, Erik; Morgan, Hannah; Bura, Renata; Gustafson, Rick
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 141
- carbon dioxide, etc ; acetic acid; aviation; bacteria; biofuels; biomass; biorefining; biotransformation; capital; coproducts; economic investment; electricity; energy; enzymatic hydrolysis; ethanol; ethyl acetate; ethylene; feedstocks; fermentation; fuel production; funding; gasification; hybrids; hydrogen; lignin; natural gas; operating costs; petroleum; prices; risk reduction; steam; streams; subsidies; sugars; transportation; wood; United States; Show all 37 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Infrastructure compatible hydrocarbon biofuel proposed to qualify as renewable transportation fuel under the U.S. Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 and Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS2) is evaluated. The process uses a hybrid poplar feedstock, which undergoes dilute acid pretreatment and enzymatic hydrolysis. Sugars are fermented to acetic acid, which undergoes conversion to et ...
- Unit process data for bio-jet fuel production from poplar biomass via bioconversion at a biorefinery
- PubMed Central: