Jump to Main Content
- Dennis, Brian; Kemp, William P
- Plos One 2016 v.11 no.2 pp. e0150055
- environmental factors, etc ; Apoidea; adults; apiculture; carrying capacity; climate change; ecological resilience; honey bee colonies; honey bees; mathematical models; mites; mortality; pathogens; pesticides; risk; social behavior; swarms; viability; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... We construct a mathematical model to quantify the loss of resilience in collapsing honey bee colonies due to the presence of a strong Allee effect. In the model, recruitment and mortality of adult bees have substantial social components, with recruitment enhanced and mortality reduced by additional adult bee numbers. The result is an Allee effect, a net per-individual rate of hive increase that in ...
- Data from: How Hives Collapse: Allee Effects, Ecological Resilience, and the Honey Bee
- PubMed Central:
- Tacoma, Rinske; Fields, Julia; Ebenstein, David B.; Lam, Ying-Wai; Greenwood, Sabrina L.
- Journal of proteomics 2016 v.130 pp. 200-210
- environmental factors, etc ; Holstein; Jersey; amino acids; breast milk; breed differences; complement; cross reaction; dairy cows; early lactation; fractionation; gene expression regulation; genes; humans; osteopontin; peptides; peroxidase; proteome; proteomics; skim milk; whey protein; United States; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Milk is a highly nutritious natural product that provides not only a rich source of amino acids to the consumer but also hundreds of bioactive peptides and proteins known to elicit health-benefitting activities. We investigated the milk protein profile produced by Holstein and Jersey dairy cows maintained under the same diet, management and environmental conditions using proteomic approaches that ...
- Data from: Comparative proteomics dataset of skimmed milk samples from Holstein and Jersey dairy cattle
- PubMed Central:
- White, Jeffrey W.; Hunt, L.A.; Boote, Kenneth J.; Jones, James W.; Koo, Jawoo; Kim, Soonho; Porter, Cheryl H.; Wilkens, Paul W.; Hoogenboom, Gerrit
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2013 v.96 pp. 1-12
- environmental factors, etc ; agricultural research; computer software; crop management; crop models; databases; field experimentation; growth and development; meteorological data; mulches; nutrient content; pests; researchers; soil; tillage; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Agricultural research increasingly seeks to quantify complex interactions of processes for a wide range of environmental conditions and crop management scenarios, leading to investigation where multiple sets of experimental data are examined using tools such as simulation and regression. The use of standard data formats for documenting experiments and modeling crop growth and development can facil ...
- Agricultural Model Intercomparison and Improvement Project (AgMIP) Tools
Agricultural Model Intercomparison and Improvement Project (AgMIP) Datasets