Jump to Main Content
- Cooper, Joyce Smith; Khan, Ezra; Ebel, Robert
- International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment 2013 v.18 no.1 pp. 185
- life cycle assessment, etc ; Agricultural Resource Management Survey; USDA; confidence interval; corn; crop production; data analysis; durum wheat; fertilizer application; field crops; foods; inventories; irrigation; nitrogen; oats; organic fertilizers; peanuts; pesticide application; pesticides; rice; sampling; seeds; soybeans; tillage; uncertainty; United States; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Purpose: The research presented here was motivated by an interest in understanding the magnitude of sampling error in crop production unit process data developed for life cycle assessments (LCAs) of food, biofuel, and bioproduct production. More broadly, uncertainty data are placed within the context of conclusive interpretations of comparative bioproduct LCA results. Methods: Data from the US Dep ...
- LCA Commons
- Daystar, Jesse; Reeb, Carter; Venditti, Richard; Gonzalez, Ronalds; Puettmann, Maureen E.
- Forest products journal 2012 v.62 no.4 pp. 314-325
- life cycle assessment, etc ; Pinus taeda; acidification; alcohols; bioethanol; biomass production; energy; energy content; energy requirements; environmental impact; eutrophication; feedstocks; forests; fuel production; gasification; gasoline; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; models; petroleum; product life cycle; transportation; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The goal of this study was to estimate the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and fossil energy requirements from the production and use (cradle-to-grave) of bioethanol produced from the indirect gasification thermochemical conversion of loblolly pine (Pinus taeda) residues. Additional impact categories (acidification and eutrophication) were also analyzed. Of the life-cycle stages, the thermochemical ...
- Unit process data for lignin extraction in a softwood kraft pulp mill