Jump to Main Content
- Yobi, Abou; Schlauch, Karen A.; Tillett, Richard L.; Yim, Won C.; Espinoza, Catherine; Wone, Bernard W. M.; Cushman, John C.; Oliver, Melvin J.
- BMC plant biology 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 67
- photosynthesis, etc ; C4 plants; Sporobolus; abscisic acid; amino acid metabolism; antioxidants; drought tolerance; embryogenesis; enzymes; forage grasses; gene expression; genes; homeostasis; metabolites; metabolome; metabolomics; phenotype; protein synthesis; rehydration; signal transduction; tissues; tocopherols; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transcriptome; transcriptomics; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Understanding the response of resurrection angiosperms to dehydration and rehydration is critical for deciphering the mechanisms of how plants cope with the rigors of water loss from their vegetative tissues. We have focused our studies on the C₄ resurrection grass, Sporobolus stapfianus Gandoger, as a member of a group of important forage grasses. METHODS: We have combined non-targete ...
- Data from: Sporobolus stapfianus: Insights into desiccation tolerance in the resurrection grasses from linking transcriptomics to metabolomics
- PubMed Central:
- Hendry, John I.; Prasannan, Charulata; Ma, Fangfang; Möllers, K. Benedikt; Jaiswal, Damini; Digmurti, Madhuri; Allen, Doug K.; Frigaard, Niels-Ulrik; Dasgupta, Santanu; Wangikar, Pramod P.
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering 2017 pp. -11
- photosynthesis, etc ; Synechococcus; amino acids; biofuels; biotechnology; carbon; genetic engineering; glucose 1-phosphate; glucose-1-phosphate adenylyltransferase; glycogen; glycogen (starch) synthase; metabolic engineering; metabolic flux analysis; models; mutants; photosynthetic bacteria; sucrose; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Cyanobacteria, which constitute a quantitatively dominant phylum, are well known for their ability to carry out oxygenic photosynthesis. This prokaryotic group has attracted attention in biofuel applications due to favourable physiological characteristics, photosynthetic efficiency and amenability to genetic manipulations. However, quantitative aspects of cyanobacterial metabolism have received li ...
- Data from: Rerouting of carbon flux in a glycogen mutant of cyanobacteria assessed via isotopically non‐stationary 13C metabolic flux analysis