Jump to Main Content
- Crawford, Jordan T.; Shan, Chin Wei; Budsberg, Erik; Morgan, Hannah; Bura, Renata; Gustafson, Rick
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 141
- biorefining, etc ; acetic acid; aviation; bacteria; biofuels; biomass; biotransformation; capital; carbon dioxide; coproducts; economic investment; electricity; energy; enzymatic hydrolysis; ethanol; ethyl acetate; ethylene; feedstocks; fermentation; fuel production; funding; gasification; hybrids; hydrogen; lignin; natural gas; operating costs; petroleum; prices; risk reduction; steam; streams; subsidies; sugars; transportation; wood; United States; Show all 37 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Infrastructure compatible hydrocarbon biofuel proposed to qualify as renewable transportation fuel under the U.S. Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 and Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS2) is evaluated. The process uses a hybrid poplar feedstock, which undergoes dilute acid pretreatment and enzymatic hydrolysis. Sugars are fermented to acetic acid, which undergoes conversion to et ...
- Unit process data for bio-jet fuel production from poplar biomass via bioconversion at a biorefinery
- PubMed Central: