Jump to Main Content
- Coleman, Tom W.; Jones, Michael I.; Courtial, Béatrice; Graves, Andrew D.; Woods, Meghan; Roques, Alain; Seybold, Steven J.
- Forest ecology and management 2014 v.329 pp. 295
- Abies concolor; Orgyia pseudotsugata; Pinus jeffreyi; Pseudotsuga menziesii; Scolytus ventralis; basal area; computer software; dead wood; defoliation; fire suppression; forest management; forests; insects; larvae; mortality; national parks; population genetics; risk; stand density; tree mortality; British Columbia; California; Mexico; Washington
- ... The Douglas-fir tussock moth (DFTM), Orgyia pseudotsugata McDunnough (Lepidoptera:Erebidae:Lymantriinae), is a native western North American defoliator of true fir, Abies spp. Mill., and Douglas-fir, Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco. We investigated the population genetics and impact associated with the first recorded outbreak of DFTM in southern California (USA), and report the first collecti ...
- U.S. Forest Service National Insect and Disease Risk Maps
- Sweitzer, R.A.; Furnas, B.J.; Barrett, R.H.; Purcell, K.L.; Thompson, C.M.
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.361 pp. 208-225
- altitude; burning; cameras; canopy; fire suppression; foraging; forest fires; forests; fuels (fire ecology); habitat preferences; habitats; landscapes; logging; models; mountains; probability; shrubs; surveys; trade; trees; California; Sierra National Forest
- ... Fire suppression and logging have contributed to major changes in California’s Sierra Nevada forests. Strategically placed landscape treatments (SPLATS) are being used to reduce density of trees, shrubs, and surface fuels to limit wildfire intensity and spread, but may negatively impact fishers (Pekania pennanti). We used camera traps to survey for fishers among 1-km2 grid cells of forest habitat ...
- Data from: Data from camera surveys identifying co-occurrence and occupancy linkages between fishers (Pekania pennanti), rodent prey, mesocarnivores, and larger predators in mixed-conifer forests