Jump to Main Content
- Volk, Gayle M.; Chao, C. Thomas; Norelli, Jay; Brown, Susan K.; Fazio, Gennaro; Peace, Cameron; McFerson, Jim; Zhong, Gan-Yuan; Bretting, Peter
- Genetic resources and crop evolution 2015 v.62 no.5 pp. 765-794
- risk, etc ; Agricultural Research Service; Malus domestica; Malus prunifolia; Malus sieversii; Malus sylvestris; abiotic stress; apples; crop production; cultivars; fruit crops; fruit quality; germplasm; germplasm conservation; hybrids; orchards; pests; plant diseases and disorders; plant genetic resources; rootstocks; scions; seedlings; stress tolerance; trees; wild relatives; New York; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Apple (Malus × domestica Borkh.) is one of the top three US fruit crops in production and value. Apple production has high costs for land, labor and inputs, and orchards are a long-term commitment. Production is dominated by only a few apple scion and rootstock cultivars, which increases its susceptibility to dynamic external threats. Apple crop wild relatives, including progenitor species Malus s ...
- Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN)