Jump to Main Content
- Alanya-Rosenbaum, Sevda; Bergman, Richard D.; Ganguly, Indroneil; Pierobon, Francesca
- Applied engineering in agriculture 2018 v.34 no.1 pp. 11-24
- acidification; agricultural engineering; coproducts; cradle-to-grave; drying; ecosystem services; emissions; energy; environmental impact; eutrophication; feedstocks; forests; fuelwood; generators (equipment); global warming; heat; logging; lumber; manufacturing; production technology; propane; rural areas; sawdust; supply chain; transportation; Western United States
- ... Timber harvest activities in the western United States have resulted in large volumes of low- to no-value logging (forest) residues. Alternatives to pile-and-burning are needed to best utilize this material and to mitigate the resultant environmental impacts. Briquetting (densifying) forest residues near-woods is one such option and is the focus of this study. This study presents a cradle-to-grave ...
- Unit Process for Torrefied Wood Chips, 2016
Unit Process for Wood Chip Briquette Production, 2016