Jump to Main Content
- Li, Xia; McCarty, Gregory W.; Karlen, Douglas L.; Cambardella, Cynthia A.
- Catena 2018 v.160 pp. 222-232
- cesium; cropland; lidar; lowlands; models; prediction; radionuclides; soil organic carbon; soil properties; streams; tillage; topography; topsoil; water flow; watersheds; Iowa
- ... Topography is one of the key factors affecting soil organic carbon (SOC) distribution and soil redistribution (erosion or deposition) because it influences the gravity-driven movement of soil by water flow and tillage operations. In this study, we examined impacts of sixteen topographic metrics derived from Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) data on SOC distribution in agricultural fields. We ado ...
- Data from: Soil organic carbon and isotope composition response to topography and erosion in Iowa