You searched for: Subject "genes" Remove constraint Subject: "genes" Associated Data Dataset Available Remove constraint Associated Data: Dataset Available Publication Year 2017 Remove constraint Publication Year: 2017
Main content area
4 Search Results
1. Sporobolus stapfianus: Insights into desiccation tolerance in the resurrection grasses from linking transcriptomics to metabolomics
- Yobi, Abou; Schlauch, Karen A.; Tillett, Richard L.; Yim, Won C.; Espinoza, Catherine; Wone, Bernard W. M.; Cushman, John C.; Oliver, Melvin J.
- BMC plant biology 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 67
- gene expression; genes, etc ; C4 plants; Sporobolus; abscisic acid; amino acid metabolism; antioxidants; drought tolerance; embryogenesis; enzymes; forage grasses; homeostasis; metabolites; metabolome; metabolomics; phenotype; photosynthesis; protein synthesis; rehydration; signal transduction; tissues; tocopherols; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transcriptome; transcriptomics; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Understanding the response of resurrection angiosperms to dehydration and rehydration is critical for deciphering the mechanisms of how plants cope with the rigors of water loss from their vegetative tissues. We have focused our studies on the C₄ resurrection grass, Sporobolus stapfianus Gandoger, as a member of a group of important forage grasses. METHODS: We have combined non-targete ...
- Data from: Sporobolus stapfianus: Insights into desiccation tolerance in the resurrection grasses from linking transcriptomics to metabolomics
- PubMed Central:
- Avni, Raz; Nave, Moran; Barad, Omer; Baruch, Kobi; Twardziok, Sven O.; Gundlach, Heidrun; Hale, Iago; Mascher, Martin; Spannagl, Manuel; Wiebe, Krystalee; Jordan, Katherine W.; Golan, Guy; Deek, Jasline; Ben-Zvi, Batsheva; Ben-Zvi, Gil; Himmelbach, Axel; MacLachlan, Ron P.; Sharpe, Andrew G.; Fritz, Allan; Ben-David, Roi; Budak, Hikmet; Fahima, Tzionm; Korol, Abraham; Faris, Justin D.; Hernandez, Alvaro; Mikel, Mark A.; Levy, Avraham A.; Steffenson, Brian; Maccaferri, Marco; Cattivelli, Luigi; Faccioli, Primetta; Ceriotti, Aldo; Kashkush, Khalil; Pourkheirandish, Mohammad; Komatsuda, Takao; Eilam, Tamar; Sela, Hanan; Sharon, Amir; Ohad, Nir; Chamovitz, Daniel A; Mayer, Klaus F. X.; Stein, Nils; Ronen, Gil; Peleg, Zvi; Pozniak, Curtis J.; Akhunov, Eduard D.; Distelfeld, Assaf; Tuberosa, Roberto
- Science 2017 v.357 no.6346 pp. 93-97
- genes, etc ; Triticum turgidum subsp. dicoccoides; allopolyploidy; chromosomes; crops; domestication; evolution; genetic engineering; genetic variation; mutation; tetraploidy; wheat; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Wheat (Triticum spp.) is one of the founder crops that likely drove the Neolithic transition to sedentary agrarian societies in the Fertile Crescent more than 10,000 years ago. Identifying genetic modifications underlying wheat's domestication requires knowledge about the genome of its allo-tetraploid progenitor, wild emmer (T. turgidum ssp. dicoccoides). We report a 10.1-gigabase assembly of the ...
- Data from: Wild emmer genome architecture and diversity elucidate wheat evolution and domestication
3. Knockdown of a metathoracic scent gland desaturase enhances the production of (E)‐4‐oxo‐2‐hexenal and suppresses female sexual attractiveness in the plant bug Adelphocoris suturalis
- Luo, J.; Li, Z.; Ma, C.; Zhang, Z.; Hull, J. J.; Lei, C.; Jin, S.; Chen, L.
- Insect molecular biology 2017 v.26 no.5 pp. 642-653
- genes, etc ; Adelphocoris; Lepidoptera; Southern blotting; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; chemical communication; communications technology; double-stranded RNA; evolution; fat body; females; insects; pests; reproduction; scent glands; sex pheromones; China; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Insect sex pheromones (SPs) are central to mate‐finding behaviour, and play an essential role in the survival and reproduction of organisms. Understanding the roles, biosynthetic pathways and evolution of insect chemical communication systems has been an exciting challenge for biologists. Compared with Lepidoptera, little is known about the mechanisms underlying pheromone biosynthesis in Hemiptera ...
- Data from: Knockdown of a metathoracic scent gland desaturase enhances the production of (E)‐4‐oxo‐2‐hexenal and suppresses female sexual attractiveness in the plant bug Adelphocoris suturalis
4. Microbial community structure is affected by cropping sequences and poultry litter under long-term no-tillage
- Ashworth, A.J.; DeBruyn, J.M.; Allen, F.L.; Radosevich, M.; Owens, P.R.
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2017 v.114 pp. 210-219
- genes, etc ; Glycine max; Gossypium hirsutum; Triticum aestivum; Vicia villosa; Zea mays; agricultural land; agroecosystems; bacterial communities; biogeochemical cycles; carbon; community structure; corn; cotton; cover crops; crop rotation; cropping sequence; ecosystem services; education; fallow; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; hybrids; land management; mineral fertilizers; no-tillage; nutrient content; nutrient management; pH; phylogeny; poultry manure; ribosomal RNA; soil; soil bacteria; soil ecology; soil organic matter; soil quality; soybeans; wheat; winter; Tennessee; Show all 40 Subjects
- ... Soil microorganisms play essential roles in soil organic matter dynamics and nutrient cycling in agroecosystems and have been used as soil quality indicators. The response of soil microbial communities to land management is complex and the long-term impacts of cropping systems on soil microbes is largely unknown. Therefore, changes in soil bacterial community composition were assessed in response ...
- Microbial community structure is affected by cropping sequences and poultry litter under long-term no-tillage