Jump to Main Content
- Dennis, Brian; Kemp, William P
- Plos One 2016 v.11 no.2 pp. e0150055
- risk, etc ; Apoidea; adults; apiculture; carrying capacity; climate change; ecological resilience; environmental factors; honey bee colonies; honey bees; mathematical models; mites; mortality; pathogens; pesticides; social behavior; swarms; viability; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... We construct a mathematical model to quantify the loss of resilience in collapsing honey bee colonies due to the presence of a strong Allee effect. In the model, recruitment and mortality of adult bees have substantial social components, with recruitment enhanced and mortality reduced by additional adult bee numbers. The result is an Allee effect, a net per-individual rate of hive increase that in ...
- Data from: How Hives Collapse: Allee Effects, Ecological Resilience, and the Honey Bee
- PubMed Central:
- Crawford, Jordan T.; Shan, Chin Wei; Budsberg, Erik; Morgan, Hannah; Bura, Renata; Gustafson, Rick
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 141
- risk reduction, etc ; acetic acid; aviation; bacteria; biofuels; biomass; biorefining; biotransformation; capital; carbon dioxide; coproducts; economic investment; electricity; energy; enzymatic hydrolysis; ethanol; ethyl acetate; ethylene; feedstocks; fermentation; fuel production; funding; gasification; hybrids; hydrogen; lignin; natural gas; operating costs; petroleum; prices; steam; streams; subsidies; sugars; transportation; wood; United States; Show all 37 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Infrastructure compatible hydrocarbon biofuel proposed to qualify as renewable transportation fuel under the U.S. Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 and Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS2) is evaluated. The process uses a hybrid poplar feedstock, which undergoes dilute acid pretreatment and enzymatic hydrolysis. Sugars are fermented to acetic acid, which undergoes conversion to et ...
- Unit process data for bio-jet fuel production from poplar biomass via bioconversion at a biorefinery
- PubMed Central: