Jump to Main Content
- Christianson, L. E.; Harmel, R. D.
- Journal of environmental quality 2015 v.44 no.6 pp. 1852-1860
- application timing; corn; crop rotation; crop yield; databases; drainage; fertilizer rates; landscapes; nitrogen; nutrient management; pollution load; quantitative analysis; soybeans; water quality; North America
- ... The intersection of agricultural drainage and nutrient mobility in the environment has led to multiscale water quality concerns. This work reviewed and quantitatively analyzed nearly 1,000 site-years of subsurface tile drainage nitrogen (N) load data to develop a more comprehensive understanding of the impacts of 4R practices (application of the right source of nutrients, at the right rate and tim ...
- Measured Annual Nutrient loads from AGricultural Environments (MANAGE) database
- Lerch, R. N.; Kitchen, N. R.; Baffaut, C.; Vories, E. D.
- Journal of environmental quality 2015 v.44 no.1 pp. 37-43
- agroecosystems; analytical methods; aquatic invertebrates; aquifers; claypan soils; detection limit; environmental fate; glacial till; groundwater; herbicides; instrumentation; leaching; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nutrient transport; phosphorus; quality control; runoff; sediment transport; species diversity; streams; water pollution; water quality; watersheds; Iowa; Mississippi River; Missouri
- ... We document the 20-yr-long research effort to study the transport of N and P to surface and groundwater in Goodwater Creek Experimental Watershed. We also document related efforts in nearby claypan watersheds and watersheds with contrasting soil and hydrologic conditions across the northern Missouri–southern Iowa region. Details of the analytical methods, instrumentation, method detection limits, ...
- Goodwater Creek Experimental Watershed caves herbicide, nutrient, and suspended sediment data (1991-2010)