Jump to Main Content
- Christianson, L.E.; Harmel, R.D.
- Agricultural water management 2015 v.159 pp. 277-289
- energy crops, etc ; administrative management; agriculture; agronomy; atmospheric precipitation; biofuels; crop yield; cropping systems; databases; drainage; drainage systems; drainage water; environmental impact; farming systems; fiber crops; food crops; journals; plant fibers; pollution load; textile fibers; tillage; water quality; North America; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... As agriculture in the 21st century is faced with increasing pressure to reduce negative environmental impacts while continuing to efficiently produce food, fiber, and fuel, it becomes ever more important to reflect upon more than half a century of drainage water quality research to identify paths forward. This work provided a quantitative review of the water quality and crop yield impacts of artif ...
- Measured Annual Nutrient loads from AGricultural Environments (MANAGE) database
- Nelson, R. G.; Tatarko, J.; Ascough II, J. C.
- Transactions of the ASABE 2015 v.58 no.2 pp. 415-427
- energy crops, etc ; bioenergy; canola; corn; cotton; crop production; crop residues; crop rotation; economics; fallow; feedstocks; land classification; models; no-tillage; organic matter; planning; rain; reduced tillage; soil conservation; soil erosion; soil map; soil organic matter; soil types; wind; winter wheat; Great Plains region; United States; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Removal of crop residues for bioenergy, feedstock, or other purposes should be done with caution to avoid excessive soil erosion or loss of soil organic matter (SOM). This study examined average annual changes in soil erosion from rainfall and wind forces and trends in soil organic matter as a function of commodity and/or bioenergy-based crop rotations, yield variations, and different field manage ...
- Soil erosion and organic matter for central Great Plains cropping systems under residue removal