Jump to Main Content
- Hopper, Keith R.; Lanier, Kathryn; Rhoades, Joshua H.; Coutinot, Dominique; Mercadier, Guy; Ramualde, Nathalie; Roche, Marie; Woolley, James B.; Heraty, John M.
- Biological control 2017 v.107 pp. 21-32
- biological control, etc ; Aphelinus; Diuraphis noxia; barley; bites and stings; females; host plants; host range; host specificity; intermediate hosts; natural enemies; oviposition; parasitoids; phylogeny; wheat; Eurasia; Western United States; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Diuraphis noxia, the Russian wheat aphid, has become a major pest of wheat and barley since first being detected in the western USA in 1986. However, it is rarely a pest in Eurasia, its area of origin, and research has shown that natural enemies can limit its abundance there. Among the most important of natural enemies of D. noxia in Eurasia are parasitoids in the genus Aphelinus. Here we report r ...
- Data from: Host specificity of Aphelinus species considered for introduction to control Diuraphis noxia
- Chorus Open Access: