Jump to Main Content
- Hopper, Keith R.; Lanier, Kathryn; Rhoades, Joshua H.; Coutinot, Dominique; Mercadier, Guy; Ramualde, Nathalie; Roche, Marie; Woolley, James B.; Heraty, John M.
- Biological control 2017 v.107 pp. 21-32
- biological control, etc ; Aphelinus; Diuraphis noxia; barley; bites and stings; females; host plants; host range; host specificity; intermediate hosts; natural enemies; oviposition; parasitoids; phylogeny; wheat; Eurasia; Western United States; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Diuraphis noxia, the Russian wheat aphid, has become a major pest of wheat and barley since first being detected in the western USA in 1986. However, it is rarely a pest in Eurasia, its area of origin, and research has shown that natural enemies can limit its abundance there. Among the most important of natural enemies of D. noxia in Eurasia are parasitoids in the genus Aphelinus. Here we report r ...
- Data from: Host specificity of Aphelinus species considered for introduction to control Diuraphis noxia
- Duan, Jian J.; Bauer, Leah S.; Abell, Kristopher J.; Ulyshen, Michael D.; Van Driesche, Roy G.; Sheppard, Andy
- Journal of applied ecology 2015 v.52 no.5 pp. 1246-1254
- biological control; biological control agents, etc ; Agrilus planipennis; Fraxinus; Tetrastichus; birds; deciduous forests; forest ecosystems; forest insects; larvae; life tables; mortality; natural enemies; parasitism; parasitoids; population; population growth; predators; trees; Michigan; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Understanding the population dynamics of exotic pests and associated natural enemies is important in developing sound management strategies in invaded forest ecosystems. The emerald ash borer (EAB) Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire is an invasive phloem‐feeding beetle that has killed tens of millions of ash Fraxinus trees in North America since first detected in 2002. We evaluated populations of immat ...
- Data from: Emerald ash borer biocontrol in ash saplings: the potential for early stage recovery of North American Ash trees