Jump to Main Content
- Lerch, R. N.; Kitchen, N. R.; Baffaut, C.; Vories, E. D.
- Journal of environmental quality 2015 v.44 no.1 pp. 37-43
- runoff, etc ; agroecosystems; analytical methods; aquatic invertebrates; aquifers; claypan soils; detection limit; environmental fate; glacial till; groundwater; herbicides; instrumentation; leaching; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nutrient transport; phosphorus; quality control; sediment transport; species diversity; streams; water pollution; water quality; watersheds; Iowa; Mississippi River; Missouri; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... We document the 20-yr-long research effort to study the transport of N and P to surface and groundwater in Goodwater Creek Experimental Watershed. We also document related efforts in nearby claypan watersheds and watersheds with contrasting soil and hydrologic conditions across the northern Missouri–southern Iowa region. Details of the analytical methods, instrumentation, method detection limits, ...
- Goodwater Creek Experimental Watershed caves herbicide, nutrient, and suspended sediment data (1991-2010)
- Powell, J. M.; Vadas, P. A.
- Animal production science 2016 v.56 no.3 pp. 355-361
- runoff, etc ; ammonia; bark; carbon dioxide; cows; dairy cattle; gas emissions; leaching; methane; methane production; nitrous oxide; sand; soil; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Dairy cattle spend considerable time in outside barnyards. Nine barnyards were constructed to examine impacts of surface materials (bark, sand, soil) and timing of cattle corralling (before and after 3–14-day corralling periods) on fluxes of carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), ammonia (NH3), nitrous oxide (N2O) and CO2 equivalents (CO2eq). Surface, year, and surface*year interactions accounted fo ...
- Data from: Gas emissions from dairy barnyards