Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Ming-Hsuan; McClung, Anna M.; Bergman, Christine J.
- Food chemistry 2016 v.208 pp. 279-287
- antioxidant activity, etc ; chronic diseases; color; correlation; flavonoids; polymerization; polymers; proanthocyanidins; rice; whole grain foods; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Proanthocyanidins, a flavonoids subgroup, are proposed to have chronic disease modulation properties. With the eventual goal of enhancing rice phytonutrient concentrations, we investigated the genotypic variation of the concentrations of individual oligomers and polymers of proanthocyanidins in red and purple rice brans. A 4.3-fold variation in total proanthocyanidins (sum of oligomers and polymer ...
- Data from: Bran data of total flavonoid and total phenolic contents, oxygen radical absorbance capacity, and profiles of proanthocyanidins and whole grain physical traits of 32 red and purple rice varieties