Jump to Main Content
- Sweitzer, R.A.; Furnas, B.J.; Barrett, R.H.; Purcell, K.L.; Thompson, C.M.
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.361 pp. 208-225
- fuels (fire ecology), etc ; altitude; burning; cameras; canopy; fire suppression; foraging; forest fires; forests; habitat preferences; habitats; landscapes; logging; models; mountains; probability; shrubs; surveys; trade; trees; California; Sierra National Forest; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Fire suppression and logging have contributed to major changes in California’s Sierra Nevada forests. Strategically placed landscape treatments (SPLATS) are being used to reduce density of trees, shrubs, and surface fuels to limit wildfire intensity and spread, but may negatively impact fishers (Pekania pennanti). We used camera traps to survey for fishers among 1-km2 grid cells of forest habitat ...
- Data from: Data from camera surveys identifying co-occurrence and occupancy linkages between fishers (Pekania pennanti), rodent prey, mesocarnivores, and larger predators in mixed-conifer forests