Jump to Main Content
- Ashworth, A.J.; DeBruyn, J.M.; Allen, F.L.; Radosevich, M.; Owens, P.R.
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2017 v.114 pp. 210-219
- land management, etc ; Glycine max; Gossypium hirsutum; Triticum aestivum; Vicia villosa; Zea mays; agricultural land; agroecosystems; bacterial communities; biogeochemical cycles; carbon; community structure; corn; cotton; cover crops; crop rotation; cropping sequence; ecosystem services; education; fallow; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; hybrids; mineral fertilizers; no-tillage; nutrient content; nutrient management; pH; phylogeny; poultry manure; ribosomal RNA; soil; soil bacteria; soil ecology; soil organic matter; soil quality; soybeans; wheat; winter; Tennessee; Show all 40 Subjects
- ... Soil microorganisms play essential roles in soil organic matter dynamics and nutrient cycling in agroecosystems and have been used as soil quality indicators. The response of soil microbial communities to land management is complex and the long-term impacts of cropping systems on soil microbes is largely unknown. Therefore, changes in soil bacterial community composition were assessed in response ...
- Microbial community structure is affected by cropping sequences and poultry litter under long-term no-tillage