Jump to Main Content
- Li, Xia; McCarty, Gregory W.; Karlen, Douglas L.; Cambardella, Cynthia A.
- Catena 2018 v.160 pp. 222-232
- topography, etc ; cesium; cropland; lidar; lowlands; models; prediction; radionuclides; soil organic carbon; soil properties; streams; tillage; topsoil; water flow; watersheds; Iowa; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Topography is one of the key factors affecting soil organic carbon (SOC) distribution and soil redistribution (erosion or deposition) because it influences the gravity-driven movement of soil by water flow and tillage operations. In this study, we examined impacts of sixteen topographic metrics derived from Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) data on SOC distribution in agricultural fields. We ado ...
- Data from: Soil organic carbon and isotope composition response to topography and erosion in Iowa
- Tomer, M. D.; Porter, S. A.; Boomer, K. M. B.; James, D. E.; Kostel, J. A.; Helmers, M. J.; Isenhart, T. M.; McLellan, E.
- Journal of environmental quality 2015 v.44 no.3 pp. 754-767
- topography, etc ; buffers; computer software; conservation practices; cover crops; cropland; databases; drainage water; environmental quality; geographic information systems; hypoxia; land use; landscapes; nitrate nitrogen; planning; pollution load; prioritization; simulation models; soil properties; spatial data; streams; subsurface drainage; vegetated waterways; watersheds; wetlands; Gulf of Mexico; Illinois; Iowa; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Spatial data on soils, land use, and topography, combined with knowledge of conservation effectiveness, can be used to identify alternatives to reduce nutrient discharge from small (hydrologic unit code [HUC]12) watersheds. Databases comprising soil attributes, agricultural land use, and light detection and ranging–derived elevation models were developed for two glaciated midwestern HUC12 watershe ...
- Agricultural Conservation Planning Framework (ACPF) Toolbox
Agricultural Conservation Planning Framework (ACPF) Database