Jump to Main Content
- Powell, J. M.; Vadas, P. A.
- Animal production science 2016 v.56 no.3 pp. 355-361
- sand, etc ; ammonia; bark; carbon dioxide; cows; dairy cattle; gas emissions; leaching; methane; methane production; nitrous oxide; runoff; soil; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Dairy cattle spend considerable time in outside barnyards. Nine barnyards were constructed to examine impacts of surface materials (bark, sand, soil) and timing of cattle corralling (before and after 3–14-day corralling periods) on fluxes of carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), ammonia (NH3), nitrous oxide (N2O) and CO2 equivalents (CO2eq). Surface, year, and surface*year interactions accounted fo ...
- Data from: Gas emissions from dairy barnyards