Jump to Main Content
- Love, David C.; Gorski, Irena; Fry, Jillian P.
- Journal of the World Aquaculture Society 2017 v.48 no.5 pp. 689-710
- animal health, etc ; USDA; aquaculture; aquaculture industry; breeding; catfish; databases; federal government; genetics; grants; issues and policy; microalgae; nutrition; oysters; research and development; salmon; shrimp; trout; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The aquaculture industry relies on federal investments to stimulate aquaculture research and development (R&D). We conducted this study to track federal spending for aquaculture using a large database of 2957 US federal research grants awarded from 1990 to 2015. During that period, 1.04 billion US dollars (USD) were spent on aquaculture research, with 919 million USD from federal agencies and 123 ...
- Data from: An Analysis of Nearly One Billion Dollars of Aquaculture Grants made by the United States Federal Government from 1990 to 2015
- Schuller, Simone; Sergeant, Kjell; Renaut, Jenny; Callanan, John J.; Scaife, Caitriona; Nally, Jarlath E.
- Journal of proteomics 2015 v.122 pp. 55-72
- animal disease models, etc ; Leptospira; acute phase proteins; adhesion; cytoskeleton; electrophoresis; guinea pigs; hemorrhage; humans; leptospirosis; lungs; mortality; nucleotide sequences; pathogenesis; permeability; proteome; proteomics; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Leptospiral pulmonary haemorrhage syndrome (LPHS) is a particularly severe form of leptospirosis. LPHS is increasingly recognized in both humans and animals and is characterized by rapidly progressive intra-alveolar haemorrhage leading to high mortality. The pathogenic mechanisms of LPHS are poorly understood which hampers the application of effective treatment regimes. In this study a 2-D guinea ...
- Data from: Data on morphological features of mycosis induced by Colletotrichum nymphaeae and Lecanicillium longisporum on citrus orthezia scale
- Vadas, P. A.; Good, L. W.; Moore, P. A.; Widman, N.
- Journal of environmental quality 2009 v.38 no.4 pp. 1645
- animal manures, etc ; estimation; phosphorus; phosphorus fertilizers; agricultural runoff; land application; water pollution; nonpoint source pollution; point source pollution; prediction; methodology; model validation; environmental models; losses from soil; soil erosion; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Nonpoint-source pollution of fresh waters by P is a concern because it contributes to accelerated eutrophication. Given the state of the science concerning agricultural P transport, a simple tool to quantify annual, field-scale P loss is a realistic goal. We developed new methods to predict annual dissolved P loss in runoff from surface-applied manures and fertilizers and validated the methods wit ...
- APLE : Annual Phosphorus Loss Estimator Tool