Jump to Main Content
- Alanya-Rosenbaum, Sevda; Bergman, Richard D.; Ganguly, Indroneil; Pierobon, Francesca
- Applied engineering in agriculture 2018 v.34 no.1 pp. 11-24
- acidification, etc ; agricultural engineering; coproducts; cradle-to-grave; drying; ecosystem services; emissions; energy; environmental impact; eutrophication; feedstocks; forests; fuelwood; generators (equipment); global warming; heat; logging; lumber; manufacturing; production technology; propane; rural areas; sawdust; supply chain; transportation; Western United States; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Timber harvest activities in the western United States have resulted in large volumes of low- to no-value logging (forest) residues. Alternatives to pile-and-burning are needed to best utilize this material and to mitigate the resultant environmental impacts. Briquetting (densifying) forest residues near-woods is one such option and is the focus of this study. This study presents a cradle-to-grave ...
- Unit Process for Torrefied Wood Chips, 2016
Unit Process for Wood Chip Briquette Production, 2016
- Daystar, Jesse; Reeb, Carter; Venditti, Richard; Gonzalez, Ronalds; Puettmann, Maureen E.
- Forest products journal 2012 v.62 no.4 pp. 314-325
- acidification, etc ; Pinus taeda; alcohols; bioethanol; biomass production; energy; energy content; energy requirements; environmental impact; eutrophication; feedstocks; forests; fuel production; gasification; gasoline; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; life cycle assessment; models; petroleum; product life cycle; transportation; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The goal of this study was to estimate the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and fossil energy requirements from the production and use (cradle-to-grave) of bioethanol produced from the indirect gasification thermochemical conversion of loblolly pine (Pinus taeda) residues. Additional impact categories (acidification and eutrophication) were also analyzed. Of the life-cycle stages, the thermochemical ...
- Unit process data for lignin extraction in a softwood kraft pulp mill