Jump to Main Content
- Jokela, William; Posner, Joshua; Hedtcke, Janet; Balser, Teri; Read, Harry
- Agronomy journal 2011 v.103 no.5 pp. 1552-1562
- bulk density, etc ; Medicago sativa; Zea mays; alfalfa; carbon; continuous cropping; corn; crop rotation; microbial biomass; nitrogen; nitrogen content; pastures; phosphorus; soil properties; soil quality; tillage; Wisconsin; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Cropping systems may improve or decrease soil quality depending on the specific crop rotation, nutrient amendments, and tillage practices employed. We conducted this study to determine the effect of six cropping systems in the Wisconsin Integrated Cropping Systems Trial on soil properties after 18 yr of continuous treatments. We sampled soils (0–5 cm and 5–20 cm depths) following the corn (Zea may ...
- Greenhouse gas fluxes from a dairy cropping system at the Wisconsin Integrated Cropping System Trials