Jump to Main Content
- Sweitzer, R.A.; Furnas, B.J.; Barrett, R.H.; Purcell, K.L.; Thompson, C.M.
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.361 pp. 208-225
- fuels (fire ecology), etc ; altitude; burning; cameras; canopy; fire suppression; foraging; forest fires; forests; habitat preferences; habitats; landscapes; logging; models; mountains; probability; shrubs; surveys; trade; trees; California; Sierra National Forest; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Fire suppression and logging have contributed to major changes in California’s Sierra Nevada forests. Strategically placed landscape treatments (SPLATS) are being used to reduce density of trees, shrubs, and surface fuels to limit wildfire intensity and spread, but may negatively impact fishers (Pekania pennanti). We used camera traps to survey for fishers among 1-km2 grid cells of forest habitat ...
- Data from: Data from camera surveys identifying co-occurrence and occupancy linkages between fishers (Pekania pennanti), rodent prey, mesocarnivores, and larger predators in mixed-conifer forests
- Crawford, Jordan T.; Shan, Chin Wei; Budsberg, Erik; Morgan, Hannah; Bura, Renata; Gustafson, Rick
- Biotechnology for biofuels 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 141
- fuel production, etc ; acetic acid; aviation; bacteria; biofuels; biomass; biorefining; biotransformation; capital; carbon dioxide; coproducts; economic investment; electricity; energy; enzymatic hydrolysis; ethanol; ethyl acetate; ethylene; feedstocks; fermentation; funding; gasification; hybrids; hydrogen; lignin; natural gas; operating costs; petroleum; prices; risk reduction; steam; streams; subsidies; sugars; transportation; wood; United States; Show all 37 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Infrastructure compatible hydrocarbon biofuel proposed to qualify as renewable transportation fuel under the U.S. Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 and Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS2) is evaluated. The process uses a hybrid poplar feedstock, which undergoes dilute acid pretreatment and enzymatic hydrolysis. Sugars are fermented to acetic acid, which undergoes conversion to et ...
- Unit process data for bio-jet fuel production from poplar biomass via bioconversion at a biorefinery
- PubMed Central:
- Daystar, Jesse; Reeb, Carter; Venditti, Richard; Gonzalez, Ronalds; Puettmann, Maureen E.
- Forest products journal 2012 v.62 no.4 pp. 314-325
- fuel production, etc ; Pinus taeda; acidification; alcohols; bioethanol; biomass production; energy; energy content; energy requirements; environmental impact; eutrophication; feedstocks; forests; gasification; gasoline; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; life cycle assessment; models; petroleum; product life cycle; transportation; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The goal of this study was to estimate the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and fossil energy requirements from the production and use (cradle-to-grave) of bioethanol produced from the indirect gasification thermochemical conversion of loblolly pine (Pinus taeda) residues. Additional impact categories (acidification and eutrophication) were also analyzed. Of the life-cycle stages, the thermochemical ...
- Unit process data for lignin extraction in a softwood kraft pulp mill