Jump to Main Content
- Graybosch, Robert A.
- Crop science 2017 v.57 no.3 pp. 1447-1454
- grain yield, etc ; Agricultural Research Service; Triticum aestivum; agronomic traits; breeding; breeding lines; breeding programs; ecological zones; germplasm; growers; variance; winter wheat; Great Plains region; South Dakota; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... USDA-ARS coordinated regional wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) breeding trials examine agronomic performance and adaptation over a wider geographic range than single breeding programs can achieve. The trials provide an evaluation of experimental breeding lines in alternate test sites that are environmentally similar or dissimilar to the program of origin. Data from USDA-ARS Hard Winter Wheat Regional ...
- Data from: Similarities among Test Sites Based on the Performance of Advanced Breeding Lines in the Great Plains Hard Winter Wheat Region
- Fang, Quan X.; Ma, L.; Nielsen, David C.; Trout, Thomas J.; Ahuja, Lajpat R.
- Practical Applications of Agricultural System Models to Optimize the Use of Limited Water 2014 pp. 1-24
- grain yield, etc ; Root Zone Water Quality Model; Zea mays; climatic factors; corn; crop coefficient; deficit irrigation; evapotranspiration; guidelines; irrigation rates; irrigation water; meteorological data; soil water; vegetative growth; water requirement; water use efficiency; Colorado; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... An agricultural system model can help optimize limited irrigation for higher grain yield and water use efficiency (WUE) across varied climatic conditions. In this study, the Root Zone Water Quality Model (RZWQM2) was first calibrated to simulate soil water, ET, and corn (Zea mays L.) yield under a range, 40 to 100% of crop ET under well-watered conditions (i.e., ETc, calculated by the reference ET ...
- USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS) Corn, Greeley, Colorado