Jump to Main Content
- Duan, Jian J.; Bauer, Leah S.; Abell, Kristopher J.; Ulyshen, Michael D.; Van Driesche, Roy G.; Sheppard, Andy
- Journal of applied ecology 2015 v.52 no.5 pp. 1246-1254
- larvae, etc ; Agrilus planipennis; Fraxinus; Tetrastichus; biological control; biological control agents; birds; deciduous forests; forest ecosystems; forest insects; life tables; mortality; natural enemies; parasitism; parasitoids; population; population growth; predators; trees; Michigan; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Understanding the population dynamics of exotic pests and associated natural enemies is important in developing sound management strategies in invaded forest ecosystems. The emerald ash borer (EAB) Agrilus planipennis Fairmaire is an invasive phloem‐feeding beetle that has killed tens of millions of ash Fraxinus trees in North America since first detected in 2002. We evaluated populations of immat ...
- Data from: Emerald ash borer biocontrol in ash saplings: the potential for early stage recovery of North American Ash trees
- Coleman, Tom W.; Jones, Michael I.; Courtial, Béatrice; Graves, Andrew D.; Woods, Meghan; Roques, Alain; Seybold, Steven J.
- Forest ecology and management 2014 v.329 pp. 295
- larvae, etc ; Abies concolor; Orgyia pseudotsugata; Pinus jeffreyi; Pseudotsuga menziesii; Scolytus ventralis; basal area; computer software; dead wood; defoliation; fire suppression; forest management; forests; insects; mortality; national parks; population genetics; risk; stand density; tree mortality; British Columbia; California; Mexico; Washington; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... The Douglas-fir tussock moth (DFTM), Orgyia pseudotsugata McDunnough (Lepidoptera:Erebidae:Lymantriinae), is a native western North American defoliator of true fir, Abies spp. Mill., and Douglas-fir, Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco. We investigated the population genetics and impact associated with the first recorded outbreak of DFTM in southern California (USA), and report the first collecti ...
- U.S. Forest Service National Insect and Disease Risk Maps