Jump to Main Content
- Sun, F.; Aguerre, M.J.; Wattiaux, M.A.
- Journal of dairy science 2019 v.102 no.2 pp. 1281-1293
- methane production, etc ; Holstein; ammonia; blood meal; butyrates; crude protein; dairy cows; digestibility; dry matter intake; excretion; feed conversion; glucose; lactating females; lactation; methane; milk; milk production; milk proteins; nitrogen; nitrogen balance; nutrient use efficiency; propionic acid; soybean meal; starch; urea nitrogen; volatile fatty acids; water solubility; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Our objectives were to determine the effects of readily rumen-available carbohydrate source (refined starch vs. dextrose), the level of rumen-degradable protein (RDP), and their interaction on lactation performance, ruminal measurements, enteric methane (CH4) emission, nutrient digestibility, and nitrogen (N) balance in lactating dairy cows. Eighteen mid-lactation multiparous Holstein cows were us ...
- Data from: Starch and dextrose at 2 levels of rumen-degradable protein in iso-nitrogenous diets: Effects on lactation performance, ruminal measurements, methane emission, digestibility, and nitrogen balance of dairy cows.
- Powell, J. M.; Vadas, P. A.
- Animal production science 2016 v.56 no.3 pp. 355-361
- methane production, etc ; ammonia; bark; carbon dioxide; cows; dairy cattle; gas emissions; leaching; methane; nitrous oxide; runoff; sand; soil; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Dairy cattle spend considerable time in outside barnyards. Nine barnyards were constructed to examine impacts of surface materials (bark, sand, soil) and timing of cattle corralling (before and after 3–14-day corralling periods) on fluxes of carbon dioxide (CO2), methane (CH4), ammonia (NH3), nitrous oxide (N2O) and CO2 equivalents (CO2eq). Surface, year, and surface*year interactions accounted fo ...
- Data from: Gas emissions from dairy barnyards