Jump to Main Content
- Nelson, R. G.; Tatarko, J.; Ascough II, J. C.
- Transactions of the ASABE 2015 v.58 no.2 pp. 415-427
- rain, etc ; land classification; planning; no-tillage; economics; energy crops; soil map; feedstocks; wind; bioenergy; crop production; canola; reduced tillage; soil organic matter; crop residues; models; corn; fallow; winter wheat; crop rotation; cotton; soil conservation; soil types; soil erosion; United States; Great Plains region; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Removal of crop residues for bioenergy, feedstock, or other purposes should be done with caution to avoid excessive soil erosion or loss of soil organic matter (SOM). This study examined average annual changes in soil erosion from rainfall and wind forces and trends in soil organic matter as a function of commodity and/or bioenergy-based crop rotations, yield variations, and different field manage ...
- Soil erosion and organic matter for central Great Plains cropping systems under residue removal
- Harmel, Daren; Qian, Song; Reckhow, Ken; Casebolt, Pamela
- Journal of environmental quality 2008 v.37 no.6 pp. 2403
- rain, etc ; nutrients; pollution load; agricultural runoff; databases; pastures; rangelands; land use; nitrogen; phosphorus; corn; Zea mays; crop rotation; wheat; oats; barley; Citrus; vegetables; Sorghum (Poaceae); soybeans; cotton; fallow; peanuts; agricultural watersheds; phosphorus fertilizers; United States; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... The “Measured Annual Nutrient loads from AGricultural Environments” (MANAGE) database was developed to be a readily accessible, easily queried database of site characteristic and field-scale nutrient export data. The original version of MANAGE, which drew heavily from an early 1980s compilation of nutrient export data, created an electronic database with nutrient load data and corresponding site c ...
- Measured Annual Nutrient loads from AGricultural Environments (MANAGE) database