Jump to Main Content
- Michael Jackson, D.; Harrison, HowardF.; Jarret, RobertL.; Wadl, PhilipA.
- Genetic resources and crop evolution 2018 v.65 no.4 pp. 1217-1236
- roots, etc ; Agricultural Research Service; Ipomoea batatas; color; colorimetry; field experimentation; genetic variation; germplasm conservation; greenhouses; introduced plants; periderm; plant genetic resources; plantlets; stele; sweet potatoes; tissue culture; Georgia; South Carolina; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Plant Genetic Resources Conservation Unit in Griffin, GA maintains the United States germplasm collection for Ipomoea spp. (Convolvulaceae). During 2012–2014, 737 sweetpotato, Ipomoea batatas (L.) Lam., plant introductions (PI) were acquired as tissue-culture plantlets and then acclimated to greenhouse conditi ...
- Data from: Color Analysis of Storage Roots from the USDA, ARS Sweetpotato Germplasm Collection
- Fang, Quan X.; Ma, L.; Nielsen, David C.; Trout, Thomas J.; Ahuja, Lajpat R.
- Practical Applications of Agricultural System Models to Optimize the Use of Limited Water 2014 pp. 1-24
- Root Zone Water Quality Model, etc ; Zea mays; climatic factors; corn; crop coefficient; deficit irrigation; evapotranspiration; grain yield; guidelines; irrigation rates; irrigation water; meteorological data; soil water; vegetative growth; water requirement; water use efficiency; Colorado; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... An agricultural system model can help optimize limited irrigation for higher grain yield and water use efficiency (WUE) across varied climatic conditions. In this study, the Root Zone Water Quality Model (RZWQM2) was first calibrated to simulate soil water, ET, and corn (Zea mays L.) yield under a range, 40 to 100% of crop ET under well-watered conditions (i.e., ETc, calculated by the reference ET ...
- USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS) Corn, Greeley, Colorado
- Sanford, Gregg R.; Posner, Joshua L.; Jackson, Randall D.; Kucharik, Christopher J.; Hedtcke, Janet L.; Lin, Ting-Li
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2012 v.162 pp. 68-76
- roots, etc ; Mollisols; carbon; carbon sequestration; cropping systems; crops; no-tillage; pastures; soil organic carbon; soil profiles; soil sampling; Wisconsin; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Soil organic carbon (SOC) is highly sensitive to agricultural land management, so there is a great deal of interest in managing cultivated soils to sequester atmospheric CO₂. In this study we evaluated the influence of six cropping systems on SOC at the Wisconsin Integrated Cropping System Trial (WICST) over a 20-year period. Analysis of SOC on either a concentration or mass per volume of soil bas ...
- Data from: Underestimation of N2O emissions in a comparison of the DayCent, DNDC, and EPIC 1 models
Greenhouse gas fluxes from a dairy cropping system at the Wisconsin Integrated Cropping System Trials