Jump to Main Content
- Fang, Quan X.; Ma, L.; Nielsen, David C.; Trout, Thomas J.; Ahuja, Lajpat R.
- Practical Applications of Agricultural System Models to Optimize the Use of Limited Water 2014 pp. 1-24
- water use efficiency, etc ; Root Zone Water Quality Model; Zea mays; climatic factors; corn; crop coefficient; deficit irrigation; evapotranspiration; grain yield; guidelines; irrigation rates; irrigation water; meteorological data; soil water; vegetative growth; water requirement; Colorado; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... An agricultural system model can help optimize limited irrigation for higher grain yield and water use efficiency (WUE) across varied climatic conditions. In this study, the Root Zone Water Quality Model (RZWQM2) was first calibrated to simulate soil water, ET, and corn (Zea mays L.) yield under a range, 40 to 100% of crop ET under well-watered conditions (i.e., ETc, calculated by the reference ET ...
- USDA Agricultural Research Service (ARS) Corn, Greeley, Colorado