Jump to Main Content
- A. Quacchia; S. Moriya; G. Bosio
- Acta horticulturae 2014 no.1043 pp. 199-204
- Castanea; Dryocosmus kuriphilus; Torymus; biological control; parasitism; parasitoids; pest control; China; Italy; Japan; United States
- ... Dryocosmus kuriphilus is a global serious pest of chestnut. Original of China, it was accidentally introduced into several countries across the world. Biological control using its natural parasitoid Torymus sinensis is the most promising method to control the pest. T. sinensis was first introduced into Japan and USA, and since 2005 into Europe. The effectiveness of this biological control strategy ...
- T. Saito; H. Kato; N. Takada; S. Nishio
- Acta horticulturae 2018 v. no.1220 pp. 7-12
- Castanea crenata; Castanea mollissima; Dryocosmus kuriphilus; Torymus; cultivars; fruit trees; genes; genetic markers; horticulture; marker-assisted selection; parasitoids; peeling; reproductive performance; tea; China; Japan
- ... Organized, government-funded chestnut (Castanea crenata Sieb. et Zucc.) breeding, has been conducted at the Institute of Fruit Tree and Tea Science, NARO, in Japan since 1947. The initial objective was to develop cultivars that ripen in the early or mid-season, that excel in yield, nut size, and nut quality by intra-specific cross of Japanese chestnut or interspecific cross between Japanese and Ch ...