Jump to Main Content
- A. Quacchia; S. Moriya; G. Bosio
- Acta horticulturae 2014 no.1043 pp. 199-204
- Castanea; Dryocosmus kuriphilus; Torymus; biological control; parasitism; parasitoids; pest control; China; Italy; Japan; United States
- ... Dryocosmus kuriphilus is a global serious pest of chestnut. Original of China, it was accidentally introduced into several countries across the world. Biological control using its natural parasitoid Torymus sinensis is the most promising method to control the pest. T. sinensis was first introduced into Japan and USA, and since 2005 into Europe. The effectiveness of this biological control strategy ...
- M. Doğanlar; K. Senan Savaş
- Acta horticulturae 2018 v. no.1220 pp. 109-112
- Castanea; Dryocosmus kuriphilus; Torymus; adults; biological control; buds; cold; galls; hatching; larvae; mountains; oviposition; parasitoids; saplings; villages; weather; Italy; Japan; Marmara Sea; Turkey (country); United States
- ... The Asian Chestnut Gall Wasp (ACGW), Dryocosmus kuriphilus Yasumatsu (Hymenoptera: Cynipidae), is a major pest of Castanea spp. in Asia, the USA and Europe. Based on successful biological control of the ACGW in Japan using Torymus sinensis Kamijo, work on the process of introduction of the parasite was performed as a sustainable approach for controlling the pest in the USA and in Italy. In Turkey ...