Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Y.; Kong, L.J.; Li, K.; Bureau, D.P.
- Aquaculture 2007 v.271 no.1-4 pp. 350-356
- Sciaenidae; marine fish; mortality; animal growth; feed intake; feed conversion; weight gain; body composition; protein content; lipid content; ash content; fish feeding; fish culture; mariculture; feeding frequency
- ... Two independent 8-week feeding trials were carried out to optimize feeding regime for cuneate drum reared in net pens. In Trial I, triplicate groups of fish weighing 38.3 ± 0.2 g fish- 1 (mean ± S.E.) were fed a practical feed [15 kJ digestible energy (DE) g- 1] to satiation in 1 meal every other day (0.5 meal d- 1), 1 meal d- 1, or 2 meal d- 1. Ration level of the fish fed at 1 meal d- 1 was appr ...
- Lee, S.M.; Hwang, U.G.; Cho, S.H.
- Aquaculture 2000 no.3/4 pp. 399-409
- liver; feed conversion; feeding frequency; muscles; Sebastes; pelleted feeds; body composition; liveweight gain; lipids; water content; feed intake; protein content; fish feeding; gastric emptying
- ... A 7-week feeding experiment was conducted to determine the optimum feeding frequency for growth, body composition and gastric evacuation of the juvenile Korean rockfish. Three replicate groups of the fish (average weight of 5.7 g) were fed to visual satiety either dry pellets (DP) or moist pellets (MP), at different feeding frequencies (two meals a day, one meal a day or one meal every 2 days). At ...