Jump to Main Content
- Dwyer, K.S.; Brown, J.A.; Parrish, C.; Lall, S.P.
- Aquaculture 2002 no.1/4 pp. 279-292
- body weight; feeding frequency; feed conversion; liveweight gain; diurnal variation; feed intake; foraging; Limanda; fish feeding
- ... Feeding experiments were carried out on juvenile yellowtail flounder (Limanda ferruginea) (6.8 +/- 0.2 g), a candidate for cold-water aquaculture in eastern North America. At about 7 degrees C, feeding frequency was shown to have a significant (P < 0.05) effect on food consumption and growth, with fish fed to apparent satiation in two or four daily meals consuming more food and growing better than ...
- Lee, S.M.; Hwang, U.G.; Cho, S.H.
- Aquaculture 2000 no.3/4 pp. 399-409
- liver; feed conversion; feeding frequency; muscles; Sebastes; pelleted feeds; body composition; liveweight gain; lipids; water content; feed intake; protein content; fish feeding; gastric emptying
- ... A 7-week feeding experiment was conducted to determine the optimum feeding frequency for growth, body composition and gastric evacuation of the juvenile Korean rockfish. Three replicate groups of the fish (average weight of 5.7 g) were fed to visual satiety either dry pellets (DP) or moist pellets (MP), at different feeding frequencies (two meals a day, one meal a day or one meal every 2 days). At ...