Jump to Main Content
- Songhua Shan; Stan Fenwick; Trevor Ellis; Eddy Poinern; John Edwards; Xuan Le; Zhongtao Jiang
- Avian pathology 2016 v.45 no.6 pp. 649-656
- Influenza A virus; adjuvants; aluminum hydroxide; antibodies; avian influenza; chickens; cloaca; hemagglutination; hemagglutinins; nanoparticles; recombinant vaccines; viral shedding; viruses
- ... This study assessed the ability of three adjuvants (aluminium hydroxide, Essai (microparticle) and Phema (nanoparticle)) to enhance the immune response of chickens to an H6N2 avian influenza DNA vaccine. No haemagglutination inhibition antibody was detected following two intramuscular immunizations with the adjuvanted and non-adjuvanted pCAG-HAk vaccine, which has previously been shown to induce m ...
- Colin F. Crouch; Chris Pugh; Amit Patel; Helen Brink; Chris Wharmby; Anna Watts; Marielle C. W. van Hulten; Stefan P. W. de Vries
- Avian pathology 2020 v.49 no.6 pp. 666-677
- Salmonella enterica; aluminum hydroxide; antibody formation; chickens; inactivated vaccines; intestines; serotypes; vaccination
- ... A novel inactivated vaccine, comprising three serovars of Salmonella enterica (Enteritidis, serogroup O:9; Typhimurium, serogroup O:4; Infantis, serogroup O:7) grown under conditions of iron restriction and adjuvanted with aluminium hydroxide, was evaluated for efficacy following challenge by homologous and heterologous serovars. Chickens were vaccinated at 6 and 10 weeks of age by the intramuscul ...