Jump to Main Content
- Wei-Hong Chen; Rong Zeng; Wen-Cheng Lo; Szu-Yu Tina Chen; Tung-Yuan Lai; David F. Williams; Win-Ping Deng
- Biomaterials 2012 v.33 no.33 pp. 8256-8264
- calcitonin; calcitonin receptors; chondrogenesis; cyclic AMP; humans; phenotype; signal transduction; therapeutics
- ... Human disc degeneration initiated by aging in the central nucleus pulposus (hNP) is an irreversible process and the recovery has become seriously emerging. In this study, the related mechanisms of calcitonin on the regeneration of hNP and the effects of calcitonin on the age-related alterations were examined. The harvested hNP population was designated as YhNP (from young donor, age <50) and OhNP ...
- Andrea Tautzenberger; Ludwika Kreja; Anke Zeller; Steffen Lorenz; Hubert Schrezenmeier; Volker Mailänder; Katharina Landfester; Anita Ignatius
- Biomaterials 2011 v.32 no.6 pp. 1706-1714
- acid phosphatase; actin; calcitonin receptors; calcium phosphates; cathepsin K; confocal laser scanning microscopy; drugs; fluorescence microscopy; genes; humans; inflammation; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; nanoparticles; osteoblasts; osteoclasts; proton pump; resorption; secretion; stem cells; transmission electron microscopy; viability
- ... Recently, it was demonstrated that phosphonate-functionalised nanoparticles were successfully taken up by mesenchymal stem cells without influencing their viability and differentiation capacity, suggesting that they may provide a promising basis for the development of nanoparticles for drug delivery or cell labelling. The present study aimed to investigate the effects of these nanoparticles on ost ...