Jump to Main Content
- Stéfanie Menezes de Moura; Kevin Babilonia; Leonardo Lima Pepino de Macedo; Maria Fatima Grossi-de-Sá; Libo Shan; Ping He; Marcio Alves-Ferreira
- Current plant biology 2022 v.31 pp. 100250
- Anthonomus grandis; Arabidopsis thaliana; Gossypium; adults; cotton; genetic markers; immunity; larval development; pest control; plant biology; secretion
- ... Cotton Boll Weevil (CBW, Anthonomus grandis) is a devastating insect-pest affecting cotton (Gossypium spp), using cotton internal floral structures for larval development, making it difficult to control. Little is known about the mechanism underlying CBW-plant interactions leading to infestation or resistance. Here, we investigated the plant molecular responses triggered by CBW extracts from eggs, ...
- Duraisamy Elango; Velu Manikandan; Palaniyappan Jayanthi; Palanivel Velmurugan; Balasubramanian Balamuralikrishnan; Arumugam Veera Ravi; Muthugounder Subramaniam Shivakumar
- Current plant biology 2020 v.23 pp. 100153
- Aspergillus sojae; Escherichia coli; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Gossypium; Plectranthus amboinicus; Spodoptera littoralis; Spodoptera litura; Staphylococcus aureus; antibiotics; bacteria; bioassays; biological control agents; endophytes; extracellular enzymes; fungi; insect control; insect pests; insecticide resistance; instars; integrated pest management; medicinal plants; oregano; phylogeny; secondary metabolites; sequence homology
- ... This study was intended to isolate and investigate endophytic fungi and its metabolite as an active biocontrol agent. Endophytic fungal secondary metabolites are considered as an effective and environmentally friendly alternative to synthetic chemicals for integrated pest management. In this study, different parts of medicinal plant Plectranthus amboinicus (Oregano) were selected to isolate twenty ...