Jump to Main Content
- Tao Zhang; Limei Qiu; Zhibin Sun; Lingling Wang; Zhi Zhou; Rui Liu; Feng Yue; Rui Sun; Linsheng Song
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2014 v.45 no.1 pp. 141-150
- Crassostrea gigas; Micrococcus luteus; NADP (coenzyme); Vibrio anguillarum; Vibrio splendidus; Yarrowia lipolytica; bacterial infections; bone morphogenetic proteins; cell-mediated immunity; gene expression; genes; hematopoiesis; hemocytes; messenger RNA; mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase; mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase; oysters; phagocytosis; phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase; protein kinase C
- ... The increasing experimental evidences suggest that there are some forms of specific acquired immunity in invertebrates, but the underlying mechanism is not fully understood. In the present study, Pacific oyster (Crassostrea gigas) stimulated primarily by heat-killed Vibrio splendidus displayed stronger immune responses at cellular and molecular levels when they encountered the secondary challenge ...
- Yiqun Li; Xiaorui Song; Weilin Wang; Lingling Wang; Qilin Yi; Shuai Jiang; Zhihao Jia; Xinyu Du; Limei Qiu; Linsheng Song
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2017 v.71 pp. 59-69
- Crassostrea gigas; DNA replication; Vibrio splendidus; cytoplasm; hematopoiesis; hemocytes; immune response; oysters; pathogens; porosity; protein synthesis; seawater; stem cells; transcription (genetics); transcription factors
- ... Increasing evidences have demonstrated that the invertebrate gill is a predominant tissue participating in the immune response during pathogen challenge. In the present study, the hematopoiesis and immune activities in gill of Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas were investigated. Stem-like cells with big nuclei and thin cytoplasm were found in the tubules of gill filaments, where DNA synthesis is ac ...