Jump to Main Content
- Asensio, D.; Peñuelas, J.; Prieto, P.; Estiarte, M.; Filella, I.; Llusià, J.
- European journal of soil science 2008 v.59 no.5 pp. 878-891
- acetaldehyde; acetates; acetic acid; acetone; drought; emissions; foliar uptake; inventories; methanol; monoterpenoids; phenology; roots; seasonal variation; shrublands; soil ecology; soil temperature; soil water; volatile organic compounds
- ... Information about soil VOC inventories and exchange rates in different soils is very scarce. Seasonality of soil VOC exchange rates is also largely unknown, despite the increasing interest in some soil volatile compounds, such as monoterpenes, because of their important role in soil ecology. We aimed to explore and quantify soil VOC exchange rates in a Mediterranean shrubland and their seasonality ...
- Aquino, A.J.A.; Tunega, D.; Haberhauer, G.; Gerzabek, M.H.; Lischka, H.
- European journal of soil science 2007 v.58 no.4 pp. 889-899
- 2,4-D; acetaldehyde; acetic acid; acid soils; anions; cations; environmental impact; humic substances; methanol; methylamine; molecular weight; organic soils; soil water
- ... The determination of the structure of humic substances from soils and natural waters is an intriguing problem in soil science. Humic substances consist of molecules covering a broad distribution of molecular size and involving different functional groups. Taking this into account, we have chosen smaller model systems with functional groups typically present in humic substances. We investigated the ...