Jump to Main Content
- Thomas Lüthi; Isabelle Seger-Sauli; Françoise Fridez
- Journal für Verbraucherschutz und Lebensmittelsicherheit 2022 v.17 no.2 pp. 183-187
- food safety; industry; public health; Switzerland
- ... The successful identification of hazards at an early stage is a cornerstone of public health in the area of food safety. The Swiss Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office has been running an early detection system since 2018. A group of experts that identifies information concerning hazards and evaluates it periodically carries out the Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office’s early detection ...
- Andreas Baumgartner; Isabel Niederhauser; David Diston; Dominik Moor
- Journal für Verbraucherschutz und Lebensmittelsicherheit 2016 v.11 no.4 pp. 353-357
- Shiga-like toxins; enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli; food safety; foods; genes; intimin; karsts; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; springs (water); virulence; virulent strains; Switzerland
- ... Within 2 months, two water sources in a karst area in Switzerland were sampled 9 times each, and analyzed by real-time PCR for 6 EHEC O-types, Shiga-like-toxin (stx1 and stx2) and intimin (eae) genes. With the exception of O111, 5 O-types were recorded regularly and at high frequencies (O26: 33.3 %; O157: 33.3 %; O104: 66.6 %; O103: 72.2 %; O145: 94.4 %). Genes for Shiga-like-toxins and intimin we ...