Jump to Main Content
- Ebru Demirel Sezer; Latife Merve Oktay; Elif Karadadaş; Hikmet Memmedov; Nur Selvi Gunel; Eser Sözmen
- Journal of medicinal food 2019 v.22 no.11 pp. 1118-1126
- 2,5-dihydroxybenzoic acid; Vaccinium myrtillus; antineoplastic activity; antineoplastic agents; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apoptosis; blueberries; cytotoxicity; diet; flow cytometry; fruit extracts; kaempferol; liquid chromatography; neoplasms; oxidants; oxidative stress; polyphenols; protein composition; protein microarrays; proteins; quercetin; tandem mass spectrometry; therapeutics
- ... In recent years, natural products gained popularity with their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects mediated by chemical compounds within their composition. Study results offering them as palliative therapy options in cancer or as anticancer agents with high levels of cytotoxicity brought a new approach to combine cancer treatment protocols with these products. From a different perspective, e ...
- Ruxandra Ştefănescu (Braic); Camil Vari; Silvia Imre; Adina Huţanu; Erzsebet Fogarasi; Timea Todea; Alexandra Groşan; Sigrid Eşianu; Eszter Laczkó-Zöld; Maria Dogaru
- Journal of medicinal food 2018 v.21 no.11 pp. 1106-1112
- Vaccinium corymbosum; Vaccinium myrtillus; animal disease models; blood glucose; blood serum; body weight; cataract; fruit extracts; fruits; glucose; glycemic effect; insulin; insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; laboratory animals; leaf extracts; leaves; malondialdehyde; metformin; oxidative stress; rats; streptozotocin
- ... Antihyperglycemic effects of four extracts obtained from leaves and fruits of Vaccinium myrtillus and Vaccinium corymbosum were assessed in diabetic rats. In addition, the effects of extracts on diabetic-related complications such as the development of diabetic cataract and oxidative stress were evaluated. Type 1 diabetes was induced with a single dose of streptozotocin in Wistar rats. The rats we ...