Jump to Main Content
- Lee, K.G.; Lee, S.E.; Takeoka, G.R.; Kim, J.H.; Park, B.S.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1580-1586
- Fagus; wood; creosote; volatile organic compounds; antioxidants; antioxidant activity; food additives; herbal medicines; medicinal properties
- ... Volatile constituents of beechwood creosote were determined using gas chromatography (GC) and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). The major volatile constituents of creosote were 2-methoxyphenol (guaiacol; 25.2%) 2-methoxy-4-methylphenol (4-methylguaiacol; 21.4%), 3-methylphenol (m-cresol; 8.3%) 4-methylphenol (p-cresol; 7.9%) 2-methylphenol (o-cresol; 4.6%) and phenol (2.8%). The antiox ...
- Athukorala, Y.; Lee, K.W.; Park, E.J.; Heo, M.S.; Yeo, I.K.; Lee, Y.D.; Jeon, Y.J.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.14 pp. 2341-2348
- linoleic acid; DNA damage; methanol; hydrogen peroxide; lipid peroxidation; lymphocytes; fish oils; Grateloupia; extracts; antioxidant activity; food additives; rats
- ... The antioxidant activity of an extract of Grateloupia filicina was evaluated using linoleic acid and fish oil as substrates in an induct period at 65 degrees C. Furthermore, the algal extract was subjected to comet assay to evaluate its protecting ability for H2O2-induced DNA damage in rat lymphocytes. Progression of oxidation was examined using weight gain, peroxide value (PV), 2-thiobarbituric a ...