Jump to Main Content
- Chun-Xue Yang; Hai-Tao Wu; Xin-Xin Li; Hong-Yan Wu; Tong-Xin Niu; Xiao-Ning Wang; Rui Lian; Gong-Liang Zhang; Hong-Man Hou
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + Technologie 2020 v.118 pp. 108806
- Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli; adenosine triphosphate; antibacterial properties; benzyl isothiocyanate; dose response; enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli; gene expression regulation; genes; minimum inhibitory concentration; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; scanning electron microscopy; toxigenic strains; virulence
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the inhibitory effects of benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) and phenethyl isothiocyanate (PEITC) against Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) and enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC). Compared with that of PEITC, the antibacterial effect of BITC was more obvious. The minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) of BITC was 60 and 160 μmol/L for STEC and ETEC, while ...
- Miaomiao Liu; Kun Yang; Jing Wang; Jie Zhang; Yiman Qi; Xinyuan Wei; Mingtao Fan
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + Technologie 2019 v.100 pp. 48-55
- adenosine triphosphate; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; cell cycle checkpoints; cell membranes; cell proliferation; cell walls; electron microscopy; interphase; membrane potential; methicillin; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; microorganisms; minimum inhibitory concentration; persimmons; pork
- ... Persimmon tannin (PT), a primary physiological component of young persimmon, exhibits antibacterial activity against several microorganisms, but its effect on methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) remains unclear. In this study, we found that PT from young astringent persimmon fruit had an active inhibition against several MRSA isolated from retail pork and the minimum inhibitory conc ...