Jump to Main Content
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...
- Sharma, P.N.; Tripathi, A.; Bisht, S.S.
- Plant physiology 1995 v.107 no.3 pp. 751-756
- Brassica napus; Brassica oleracea var. botrytis; stomatal movement; zinc; dose response; nutrient deficiencies; leaves; waxes; biosynthesis; proline; carbonate dehydratase; enzyme activity; leaf water potential; guard cells; potassium; chemical constituents of plants; thickness
- ... Zn deficiency induced increases in epicuticular wax deposits, lamina thickness, degree of succulence, water saturation deficit, diffusive resistance, and proline accumulation and decreases in carbonic anhydrase activity, water potential, stomatal aperture, and transpiration in the leaves of cauliflower (Brassica oleracea L. var botrytis cv Pusa) plants. Restoration of Zn supply to the deficient pl ...