Jump to Main Content
- Holbrook, L.; Tung, P.; Ward, K.; Reid, D.M.; Abrams, S.; Lamb, N.; Quail, J.W.; Moloney, M.M.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.114 no.2 pp. 419-428
- Helianthus annuus; Brassica napus; measurement; chemical degradation; dose response; jasmonic acid; gene expression; Triticum aestivum; Nicotiana tabacum; esters; stereochemistry; enzyme activity; chemical structure; seed germination; transgenic plants; cotyledons; proteinase inhibitors; reporter genes; chemical constituents of plants; chlorophyll; beta-glucuronidase
- ... The importance of the two chiral centers at C-3 and C-7 in the molecular structure of jasmonic acid in plant responses was investigated. We separated methyl jasmonate (MeJA) into (3R)- and (3S)-isomers with a fixed stereochemistry at C-3, but epimerization at C-7 is possible. The four isomers of the nonepimerizable analog 7-methyl MeJA were synthesized. These six esters and their corresponding aci ...
- Laisk, A.; Oja, V.; Rasulov, B.; Eichelmann, H.; Sumberg, A.
- Plant physiology 1997 v.115 no.2 pp. 803-815
- Helianthus annuus; ion transport; light intensity; photoinhibition; measurement; carbon dioxide; dose response; Gossypium hirsutum; light harvesting complex; electron transfer; Sorghum bicolor; Nicotiana tabacum; leaves; Amaranthus cruentus; mathematical models; equations; net assimilation rate; temperature; prediction; cytochrome b
- ... Sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.), cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.), tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum L.), sorghum (Sorghum bicolor Moench.), amaranth (Amaranthus cruentus L.), and cytochrome b6f complex-deficient transgenic tobacco leaves were used to test the response of plants exposed to different light intensities and CO2 concentrations before and after photoinhibition at 4000 micromoles photons m-2 s- ...