Jump to Main Content
- Aline Machado de Castro; Adriano Carniel; Diego Stahelin; Luiz Silvino Chinelatto Junior; Hercilio de Angeli Honorato; Sonia Maria Cabral de Menezes
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.81 pp. 85-91
- Humicola insolens; biocatalysts; circular economy; cutinase; depolymerization; hydrolysis; plastics; polyethylene terephthalates; recycling
- ... The dissemination of technologies for poly(ethylene terephthalate) (PET) recycling is of paramount importance in the context of the plastics circular economy. One of the most promising alternatives is to use enzymes as catalysts for PET depolymerization to its monomers, but this route still needs improvement, especially regarding titer and productivity. In the present work, a sequential approach c ...
- Juan Tamayo-Cabezas; Salwa Karboune
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.79 pp. 81-90
- Humicola insolens; acylation; catalytic activity; emulsions; epoxides; ferulic acid; feruloyl esterase; magnetism; microparticles; nanoparticles; raffinose; substrate specificity
- ... Ferulic acid acylation of oligosaccharides catalyzed by feruloyl esterases (FAE) is a promising route to produce feruloylated oligosaccharides. However, modulation of FAE synthetic properties is a key step to improve the acylation. The efficiency of H. insolens FAE to catalyze the feruloylation in six different surfactantless microemulsions reaction systems was evaluated. The highest yield (57%) w ...