Jump to Main Content
- M. Beccaglia; S. Alonge; C. Trovo’; G. C. Luvoni
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2016 v.51 Suppl S1 no. pp. 12-17
- bitches; breeding; cats; heart rate; medicine; neonates; ovulation; parturition; pets; prediction; pregnancy; radiography; radiology; small animal practice; surgery; ultrasonography; England
- ... Accurate prediction of delivery date in canine and feline allows a better management of parturition, reducing the loss of neonates. This review evaluates the most common methods adopted to accurately predict the day of delivery: determination of ovulation and hormonal assays, first appearance of embryonic/foetal structures using ultrasound or radiography, echographic measurement of extra‐foetal an ...
- S Alonge; M Mauri; M Faustini; GC Luvoni
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2016 v.51 no.5 pp. 688-692
- bitches; body weight; color; equations; gestational age; heart rate; parturition; pregnancy; regression analysis
- ... Few information is available on parameters that can be used to objectively assess the foetal health during canine pregnancy. To identify a reliable parameter for the evaluation of foetal well‐being, the effect of pre‐gestational maternal bodyweight and gestational age on foetal heart rate (FHR) and on feto‐maternal heart rate ratio (FHR/MHR) was investigated. Seventeen client‐owned pregnant bitche ...