Jump to Main Content
- M. T. H. Siddiqui; Sabzoi Nizamuddin; N. M. Mubarak; Khaula Shirin; Muhammad Aijaz; Munir Hussain; Humair Ahmed Baloch
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 521-532
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; agricultural wastes; biochar; biomass; chemical analysis; cost effectiveness; fuels; heat treatment; particle size; pyrolysis; response surface methodology; scanning electron microscopes; scanning electron microscopy; temperature
- ... Agricultural waste is considered as a burden all over the world due to its disposal issues. In this research an effort is made to utilize agricultural residue for the production of cost effective and environmental friendly fuel. The study also focused on investigation of role of best process conditions to get optimized biochar (OB) from the slow pyrolysis of novel biomass, waste pomegranate peel ( ...
- E. Madadian; A. H. Akbarzadeh; V. Orsat; M. Lefsrud
- Waste and biomass valorization 2019 v.10 no.3 pp. 721-732
- angle of repose; biofuels; bulk density; chemical analysis; composite wood products; feedstocks; gasification; image analysis; mechanical properties; modulus of elasticity; pellets; plastics; wastes; water content; wood fibers; wood residues
- ... The purpose of this study was to evaluate the physico-chemo-mechanical performance of composite wood residue pellets blended with plastic wastes as potential feedstocks for producing advanced biofuels through gasification technology. The composite pellets of wood fiber and plastics were compressed longitudinally and laterally using a universal testing machine to evaluate their mechanical propertie ...